28 August 2011

I'm sorry there are days I don't write much. It's just...I feel like my words get pretty redundant. The days are all filled with a new chance to grow, something new to learn, a new experience that can change a guys view on life. I appreciate each one, but sometimes the weeks come and go without a significant event. At least, maybe not one I can share in a way to help everyone understand the significance for me. Sometimes they are significant, and not to be selfish...but, just for me. I want to share it all, send my thoughts home in a cardboard box, but it's not possible. At least, I don't think it is.

This week has been a little unreal. One of our Zone Leaders got pneumonia. They are in my district, and had a baptism this week. So, my comp had to go and chill in the hospital for 3 days with the sick one while we ditched our area and worked for them. It was the longest week of my life and they drained my emergency funds making us go to Montevideo 6 times. It was stressful, but I was like...secretary to the Zone Leaders for a week.

!!Ando Volando!! I had someone tell me I looked like a movie star, and another tell me that I was just another Uruguayo for my accent. I felt big. Then I woke up ;) Nah, it was an interesting week. I feel like I got to see another side of the Mission. I got to get a little bit of a wake up check and realize that we aren't super human. Everyone tells us their super missionary stories of when, extreme danger fell all around them and they walked away shaking their ties with a little swag, as the building collapsed behind. I started to believe we were indestructible. But, I realized it's not true. I haven't seen it. I've seen miracles, I see them everyday in the lives of many people. I do interviews now, so I see it even more often. I love this gospel. This church. The Savior. Life. The future I see building around me. It is on my mind. Bu, it is NOT a distraction. I just love you guys and can't wait to see you all, but all in it's due time. I love hearing all that everyone is doing. I try to imagine myself there. Seeing it. I send my best wishes as always to all. And my love. I wanted to send a special shout out to Blake. I am so stoked for him. I am ecstatic. I love him. He is doing the right thing. I have a letter on the way that says so. That's as good as scripture ;). Love,

Elder Davies

P.S. Tell Donald that I better see him in church when I get home. I would love to see that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment