24 January 2012

Everything is great down here. We had to wait until today to write because the fonds got low and we couldn't make two trips over this week. We had another baptism on Sunday. The daughter of a family we have been working to help get married decided to get baptized now. The mom is unreal, she comes to ALL the activities, even the classes we do on temple work and family history. 

Her name is Elena and soon her name will show up on the new convert list. I'm still constantly amazed at the amount of trust and love these people have for the missionaries. They leave us in charge of everything. Sunday, I taught Sunday school, Priesthood combined with Relief Society and I taught that, and I talked in Sacrament Meeting, and directed the baptism. I teach the classes on instructions for the temple and family history, and I direct the branch family night. I am loving every second of it because I know these experiences are going to benefit me for the rest of my life but it is hard for a branch to grow and develop if they expect it all from the missionaries. I am losing myself every day a little more in this. I know it is where my Father has put me because he expects something to come of it. I love you all and am working my hardest for each one of you.

Elder Davies 

No comments:

Post a Comment